How will I know when I need a new logo for my business?” Now, that might be the question you’re asking yourself right now and if so, then I might just have the answer for you.
I’m going to give you three tips on how to know if you need to update your business’s logo.
1. Relevant: You might need to get a different logo if people don’t know what you are selling or what service you are offering by looking at your logo. For example, if people walk in and ask you if you’re a salon when you sell electronics then that’s a tip that you MAY just want to try a new logo design. Make sure that your logo is relevant to your business.
2. Outdated: A good logo can stand the test of time, however, that doesn’t mean that sometimes in certain cases, like rebranding, for example, you may want a fresh logo to go with your new business facelift. Also, if your logo is 20 some years old it may just be time to update it a bit. It doesn’t have to necessarily be a new design, maybe just a refresh of the old one.
3. Eye-catching. You want to make sure that your logo is noticed and easy to remember. Some of the best logos are the simplest. Think MacDonald’s and Facebook and you’re on the right track. You also want people to see the logo for your business, and be drawn to it. You want your logo to inspire interest. If people are forgetting your logo, or worse, don’t even know what your logo stands for, it’s about time for a change.
If you’re wondering why you’ve been seeing a lack of clients or a drop in sales. If you find that you maybe need to give your company a quick facelift than maybe it’s time to consider having a new logo designed. Sometimes that’s just the kick you need to get things spruced up and attract some new clientele. Remember, just because it’s familiar doesn’t mean it’s best. That stays true for life, business, AND logos.
In the market for a new logo? Or maybe just looking to have your current one updated? Either way, there are some things to make sure that you get right or rather, mistakes you should avoid making with your new design and we’ve got you covered with a little list.
1. Stock images. This is a big one. Don’t ever use already existing designs in your new logo. When creating a logo make sure it’s 100% original and that it’s not like any other one!
2. More is less. Keep the design simple and clean. Try to stay away from too fancy of a design as well. You want people to be able to tell what the design is right away, without having to try to figure it out. People don’t like complicated designs.
3. Splash of color. Most people are pretty sensitive to colors. Try to stay away from annoying color choices. For example bright yellow or weird colors, no one wants to look at something that makes their eyes hurt. However, do make sure you have attractive colors. No one wants to look at an ugly design any more than they do a brightly colored one.
4. Font (and designs in general). Make sure that your font is easy to read. Don’t use lots of cursive in the wording. Fancy isn’t always the best choice. Sometimes it’s best to stick to the simple stuff. At the same time make sure that the font is cohesive, you don’t want to use three different fonts in the logo. Find one that’s simple, yet easy to read and does your business justice.
5. Make it your own. You want your logo to be unique. Don’t try to copy other logos, or go with a trend. A good logo is timeless, and by standing out helps potential clients to remember your logo, and therefore your company. Your new logo should be one-of-a-kind and stand out. And remember, this is the logo for your business, so make it worthwhile.
Keep all these in mind while you’re creating your logo and it’ll turn out great. And keep in mind, no one’s logo ever came out looking great on the first try. Experiment and keep trying until you find the right logo that suits your business. Trust us, it’ll be worth it. Be sure to let us know if you’ve got any questions!
When it comes to a logo design you want to make sure that you get just the right one to promote your business. But what if you don’t know how to find the right one? Well, I’m here to tell you about the five different logo designs there are!
One: The Classic. Fine lines, streamlined, fits in with most designs. This is a safe, easy, and very common logo design. Most people gravitate toward this design if they are not sure exactly what look they are going for.
It’s kinda a given that big, multi-million dollar companies need to have in-house help to give around-the-clock 24/7 design work. But what about your company? Do you really need to have someone on-call to help with that new logo, ad, or brochure you have lined up?
The answer is a resounding yes.
That’s why having a company on-call to work with you and help with all your design needs is a necessary, not a luxury.
No matter what size your business is, the key to any successful company is your presentation. Bottom line. If you expect to sell, you gotta make it look not just good, it’s got to look best.
So, is it necessary? Yeah, we think so. And you should too.
I hope this has been of some help to you and you’re business. If you have any questions on the subject, please feel free to ask. I will answer them if I can.
So you’re looking for a logo. Maybe you already have one and it’s time for an upgrade, maybe you are starting a new company and need to have a stunning new logo to show off. Whatever the case, we all know that the hard part is how do you communicate to your designer what exactly you are looking for?
Here are five easy tips to make finding the perfect logo for you made easy.
One: make a list of what you are looking for. What do you want your design to communicate? Boldness, confidence, and statement? Or soft, calming, and peaceful?
Two: find your color scheme. If you have lots of bright primary colors on your website, you probably don’t want to have a logo with pastels in it.
Three: What do you NOT want to see in your design? It helps designers if you let them know exactly what you are not looking for. Do you hate the color yellow? Want a super professional vibe? Don’t want any peace signs? Make sure you are clear on the list of no-nos.
Four: How much do you want to spend? This is the unpleasant, but also a necessary part of any design process. You must figure out your budget first thing. This also falls into the category of where you are going to get your logo designed? Are you going to use a site like 99 Designs, or Hatchwise, or are you going the more traditional route with one freelance designer?
Five: Have FUN! A new logo is something to get excited about! It’s all about change, and change is a good thing. Have fun, enjoy the process, and don’t forget that this is all about you, and what you are looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to read! If you have any ideas or questions on the subject, we would be more then happy to hear about them in the comments below.
When starting out with building a small business the little things can help as much as the big ones. One thing that has helped us build our social media up and make our website look stunning is graphic design, web development, and copywriting.
When you can have one set price and don’t have to pay every time you want something done it makes all the difference!
Here at Flocksy, we offer unlimited graphic design, web development, and copywriting for one set price starting at $349 a month, whereas other places might charge by the project. However by having one set price makes it so all the people starting out with small businesses can get the best graphic designs and web development just like the big ones.
All of our PMs ( project manager) have a good, hard-working team behind them and can give you designs within a 24-hour turnaround. PMs can give you a call anytime you need them to and you talk directly to the PM that communicates to you on the website. Which makes it easier for you because they already know what’s happening with your project. We also give a 7-day money back guarantee, so you can give us a try and see if we do designs to your liking!
Often it can be hard work to get your business to where you’re bringing in the right amount of money to pay for expenses and to bring in a good profit. So a very important thing to do would be to make your website and any social media platforms you have look the very best they can. Because that is what they’re going to be seeing first.
I’m going to tell you a little bit about a few of the best designs you can use that will help you with your business.
Mockups are great if you want to show a book cover or anything for that matter. It shows how the cover would look on the book and then you know if it’s what you’re looking for. And it can be tweaked until it looks just how you were planning. Trust me, mockups can be extremely helpful!
Flyers are another good way to get your business out there. No matter what event you have coming up, you can count on flyers getting you more guests than you expected. The better the design, the better you look to do business with!
T-shirt designs are awesome if you want t-shirts for your business. You could sell the t-shirts to people, and then right there you have free advertisement for your business! But of course, you’ll only come out on the right end if you have the best designs and best prices.
These are only a few of the amazing things we can do and that can help you grow your business. I’m going to leave some links at the bottom if you want to see our website and a few of our social media platforms.
Give us a call or DM us on Instagram if you want to ask some questions about what we do more, someone will be more than happy to talk with you!
Thank you for taking the time to read. I really hope you enjoyed it!