Pairing blues with pinks gives palettes a dynamic, fresh vibe.
Always balance your vivid colors with light pastels and soothing greys.
Choose a darker base color to add depth and mystery.
Summer is a time of joy, relaxation, and adventure. If those attributes suit your company’s personality, you can use summery colors to visually refine your brand. The right color combination evokes customers’ feelings of bliss and excitement. Add a fresh, engaging look and feel to your brand with these color palettes.
If you want your brand to evoke feelings of wonder, depth, and beauty, draw your inspiration from the shifting colors as the ocean nears the shore.
Few things are more delightful than walking alongside the sea and seeing what’s drifted ashore. From shells to driftwood to seaside critters, there’s always something interesting to see
Looking for a yummy, refreshing palette, or a combination that evokes boardwalk excursions, ice cream shops, and summer shopping. ?
Bring a dose of tropical sophistication to your brand with a darker palette that mirrors the colors of a day at sea.
Inspire your customers with the fun, vivid shades of a swimming pool and a vibrant summer garden.
It’s okay to stay in the shade and relax, and add a splash of bright color amidst some muted shades, to make the color variance balance out in a calming pleasing way.
These palettes may sing of summer, but they’ll give your brand a beautiful, fresh vibe all year-round. If your company wants to tap into the delight and relaxation of this wonderful season, try out one of these palettes. Your brand will benefit from a lush, fun look and feel.
Your logo design is integral to differentiating your businesses from competitors and defining your brand.
When thinking of ideas for your logo, use your brand’s identity (such as beliefs, mission, and values) to inform your design.
Seeking out professional designers can help you design the logo that truly represents your brand while helping you stand out.
Think of the top brands in the world. Is there a single one that you can remember that doesn’t have a logo? Exactly. Logos are one of the most important aspects of a brand. They are so important that many logos don’t contain a single word. With one look, millions of people can identify a Nike shoe by that infamous swoop.
Your logo plays a part in how people see (or don’t see) your brand. Like other aspects of branding, having a logo helps inspire trust and promote recognition of your business. So, how can your business create a recognizable logo to define your brand? Read on to learn how to design the perfect logo for your business. 4 Tips Towards Creating Your Logo Focus On Your Brand, Audience, and Competition Your logo should reflect the values of your brand. Ask yourself the following:
What are your values?
How would my audience describe my brand?
What are a list of adjectives that describe my business?
The knowledge of what your brand represents informs the colors and typography of your logo. Is your brand more authoritative and serious in tone with a mature audience? Neutral tones may best convey your brand whereas bold colors and nontraditional typography may work well with brands that emphasize fun and creativity (such as the bubble letters of the Lego toy brand). To gauge the feeling of your audience towards your proposed designs, consider sending out surveys with the different designs. Use their input to help narrow down the choices.
Lastly, aim for uniqueness. Your logo should be unique enough to readily differentiate your business from competitors at a glance.
Take a look at what your competitors are doing to get ideas about what direction you should go in. Are your competitors still using more traditional or formal logo designs? Think about going for a modern design to set your brand apart.
Simplicity Is Best
When designing your logo, it is not time to try to deviate from good graphic design sense. This means that you should avoid adding flashy elements or too many details. Instead, keep design ideas simple with a few (or even just one!) colors that best represent your brand.
Examples of a well-known company that artly uses simplicity and minimalism in their brand is IBM. With simple, striking blue and white stripes, the logo stands out and is instantly recognizable.
While simplicity is best, don’t forget to strike a balance between creativity, branding, and abstraction. Your logo should show more than it tells.
Take Twitter for example! Their logo is simply a blue bird. However, the sound of the bird (or “tweet”) perfectly describes the main draw of the social media platform.
Think About Where Your Logo Will Show Up
Your logo should be recognizable and easily visible on all of your branded material. A logo that looks great on your website but poor on a poster, business card or water bottle isn’t going to gain the traction you are looking for.
Logos should be versatile enough to show up in different media and even in black and white.
Hire A Designer
With their knowledge of graphic design, typography, and color psychology, a designer can work with you from the planning phase to the final design to create the perfect logo for your brand.
At Flocksy, we have a dynamic team of creatives that has the skill to make your logo come to life. Put one of the most critical elements of your brand into the hands of one of our designers!
We have discussed unlimited graphic design, web development, copywriting, and much more. So I think it’s time to talk about custom illustrations! Illustrations are something that everyone should use, whether for a t-shirt design or a mascot. If you get the right designer, then you can get amazing illustrations.
Anyway, let’s talk about why illustrations can make your business better and overall are great.
Three Reasons Why You Need Illustrations For Your Business:
One: To start with, illustrations are perfect because they are 100% unique and one of a kind. That means that your mascot is your mascot. Your t-shirt design is your business’s t-shirt design that is original and amazing.
Two: If you are a business that creates coloring books or books in general, then illustrations are the way to go for you and your business. Illustrations make it so your business can create pages that are something you came up with, and told someone to bring it to life for you. And 99% of the time, it will come out exactly like you thought or better.
Three: When it’s comes to things like icons, you need custom icons because they will make your website shine and stand out like no other. That’s right, custom icons are something every business needs and something your business needs.
Overall, custom illustrations are fantastic for your business and are something every business should have. However, one thing to remember is that if you are going to use custom illustrations, then get them from a place that offers unlimited custom illustrations, and it will be a much better deal.
When you work with a business that offers unlimited custom illustrations, you can get as many versions as you want and run as many projects as you wish. Custom illustrations are what your business needs, so get out there and find a place to get them!
“How do I know if I’m going with the right graphic design company?”
That is a question that every business person asks themselves at least once in their life. If that is what YOU are asking yourself, then you are going want to read this post.
Here are a few things to look for when you are wondering what graphic design company you want to go with:
Turnaround time: It is always wise to look around and read reviews before choosing any graphic design company. It’s true that most places give you a free 7-day trial or 7-day money back guarantee, however, it is still good to look around first. When you are looking at the reviews, look for a good turn around time. Some could have a week turn around or a 3-day turnaround or maybe even a 24-hour turnaround.
Quality: The quality of the design is very important. That just goes without saying. If the quality is no good then the design is pretty much no good. So make sure to look at what people are saying about the quality in the reviews.
Can they do more?: Yes if you are looking for someone to do a design for you then you’re probably not thinking about them doing anything else. But what if you could get unlimited graphic design and other features for one set price? Wouldn’t that be great? For example, here at Flocksy, we offer unlimited graphic design, web development, and copywriting for one set price a month. So it’s always good to look around for that before deciding on one.
These are three of the things to look for when trying to find a graphic design company. Taking the time to look around and check out all your options before trying one can really pay off in the end. I would strongly advise you to do so because it can never hurt.
You’re in the market for a new logo. Or maybe you just want to update your old one, either way, there are so many options out there sometimes it’s hard to know what is the direction you should move in to obtain said new logo. The choices can seem endless and sometimes very overwhelming.
If you have already decided to go to a local designer and have your logo created than this post is not for you. However, if you are browsing around online and still undecided, then you’ve come to the right place!
I’m going to give you five reasons that crowdsourcing is the way to go:
1. You have the opportunity to work with hundreds, and sometimes thousands of graphic artists. Instead of working with just one artist, you get to see the work of many.
2. An affordable price. When you work with one designer they name the price, you agree upon it and then you go from there. Often since they are putting in so much time and effort the price that you’ll agree upon is rather high (it can range anywhere from $150 to $1000). When you work with a logo design site the price is much lower.
3. You can speed up the process. When you work with logo designers such as Design Pickle, Hatchwise, and 99 Designs you are able to select how soon you want the design. This can range from 10 days to 48 hours. If you are in need of a quality logo basically overnight you can have it.
4. You have the input from artists worldwide. If you work with one designer you are only getting their personal experience and their take on logo design. But if you work with many designers then you get lots of different designs and you can decide what type you like best. Designs vary worldwide, so wouldn’t you want to see logos that reflect that?
5. Eliminate management. Let someone else do all the work. You simply let the designers know what you are looking for, leave some feedback on the designs, select one, and receive your final files. That’s it! So easy and simple. Crowdsourcing takes away all the complications.
How will I know when I need a new logo for my business?” Now, that might be the question you’re asking yourself right now and if so, then I might just have the answer for you.
I’m going to give you three tips on how to know if you need to update your business’s logo.
1. Relevant: You might need to get a different logo if people don’t know what you are selling or what service you are offering by looking at your logo. For example, if people walk in and ask you if you’re a salon when you sell electronics then that’s a tip that you MAY just want to try a new logo design. Make sure that your logo is relevant to your business.
2. Outdated: A good logo can stand the test of time, however, that doesn’t mean that sometimes in certain cases, like rebranding, for example, you may want a fresh logo to go with your new business facelift. Also, if your logo is 20 some years old it may just be time to update it a bit. It doesn’t have to necessarily be a new design, maybe just a refresh of the old one.
3. Eye-catching. You want to make sure that your logo is noticed and easy to remember. Some of the best logos are the simplest. Think MacDonald’s and Facebook and you’re on the right track. You also want people to see the logo for your business, and be drawn to it. You want your logo to inspire interest. If people are forgetting your logo, or worse, don’t even know what your logo stands for, it’s about time for a change.
If you’re wondering why you’ve been seeing a lack of clients or a drop in sales. If you find that you maybe need to give your company a quick facelift than maybe it’s time to consider having a new logo designed. Sometimes that’s just the kick you need to get things spruced up and attract some new clientele. Remember, just because it’s familiar doesn’t mean it’s best. That stays true for life, business, AND logos.
In the market for a new logo? Or maybe just looking to have your current one updated? Either way, there are some things to make sure that you get right or rather, mistakes you should avoid making with your new design and we’ve got you covered with a little list.
1. Stock images. This is a big one. Don’t ever use already existing designs in your new logo. When creating a logo make sure it’s 100% original and that it’s not like any other one!
2. More is less. Keep the design simple and clean. Try to stay away from too fancy of a design as well. You want people to be able to tell what the design is right away, without having to try to figure it out. People don’t like complicated designs.
3. Splash of color. Most people are pretty sensitive to colors. Try to stay away from annoying color choices. For example bright yellow or weird colors, no one wants to look at something that makes their eyes hurt. However, do make sure you have attractive colors. No one wants to look at an ugly design any more than they do a brightly colored one.
4. Font (and designs in general). Make sure that your font is easy to read. Don’t use lots of cursive in the wording. Fancy isn’t always the best choice. Sometimes it’s best to stick to the simple stuff. At the same time make sure that the font is cohesive, you don’t want to use three different fonts in the logo. Find one that’s simple, yet easy to read and does your business justice.
5. Make it your own. You want your logo to be unique. Don’t try to copy other logos, or go with a trend. A good logo is timeless, and by standing out helps potential clients to remember your logo, and therefore your company. Your new logo should be one-of-a-kind and stand out. And remember, this is the logo for your business, so make it worthwhile.
Keep all these in mind while you’re creating your logo and it’ll turn out great. And keep in mind, no one’s logo ever came out looking great on the first try. Experiment and keep trying until you find the right logo that suits your business. Trust us, it’ll be worth it. Be sure to let us know if you’ve got any questions!
When it comes to a logo design you want to make sure that you get just the right one to promote your business. But what if you don’t know how to find the right one? Well, I’m here to tell you about the five different logo designs there are!
One: The Classic. Fine lines, streamlined, fits in with most designs. This is a safe, easy, and very common logo design. Most people gravitate toward this design if they are not sure exactly what look they are going for.
Two: The Bold design. This logo often uses an unusually approach, often includes unlikely design, font, and color. It is confident, and says “I know what I stand for and am proud”. This is for people that have a strong taste, options, and know what they want.
Three: The Cartoon. This is often seen in Daycares, Surfing companies, and Pet supply companies. This is for companies that are looking for a fun, laid back, and/or playful style. They don’t want to be taken seriously and want to put a smile on your face.
Four:The Elegant. Fine lines, delicate, and polished. This is a design that incorporates all of those. This is a refined, graceful, well defined and airy. It’s beautiful and most often seen for companies and businesses that sell or promote health, bath, and beauty, makeup and women related items and products.
Five: The Simple. This is a timeless logo. No fuss and feathers. Easily defined, simple and straightforward. There is nothing complicated or too involved with this design.
Now that you know about the different logo designs there are you should be able to find the one that’s just right for you and your business right away and have your designer start working on it today!
It’s kinda a given that big, multi-million dollar companies need to have in-house help to give around-the-clock 24/7 design work. But what about your company? Do you really need to have someone on-call to help with that new logo, ad, or brochure you have lined up?
The answer is a resounding yes.
Of course, you can always try to do it yourself, or try to contact some designer online and pay them to work on it. But considering the time you have to take to work on the project, the effort to communicate your needs to the designer, etc, in the end, is it really worth it?
That’s why having a company on-call to work with you and help with all your design needs is a necessary, not a luxury.
No matter what size your business is, the key to any successful company is your presentation. Bottom line. If you expect to sell, you gotta make it look not just good, it’s got to look best.
Companies like Flocksy, that offer unlimited design work for a set fee every month are growing by leaps and bounds. It’s starting to be realized the invaluable time that you can save (and invest in other areas of your business) by simply having someone else oversee your design work.
So, is it necessary? Yeah, we think so. And you should too.
I hope this has been of some help to you and you’re business. If you have any questions on the subject, please feel free to ask. I will answer them if I can.
So you’re looking for a logo. Maybe you already have one and it’s time for an upgrade, maybe you are starting a new company and need to have a stunning new logo to show off. Whatever the case, we all know that the hard part is how do you communicate to your designer what exactly you are looking for?
Here are five easy tips to make finding the perfect logo for you made easy.
One: Make a list of what you are looking for. What do you want your design to communicate? Boldness, confidence, and statement? Or soft, calming, and peaceful?
Two: Find your color scheme. If you have lots of bright primary colors on your website, you probably don’t want to have a logo with pastels in it.
Three: What do you NOT want to see in your design? It helps designers if you let them know exactly what you are not looking for. Do you hate the color yellow? Want a super professional vibe? Don’t want any peace signs? Make sure you are clear on the list of no-nos.
Four: How much do you want to spend? This is the unpleasant, but also a necessary part of any design process. You must figure out your budget first thing. This also falls into the category of where you are going to get your logo designed? Are you going to use a site like 99 Designs, or Hatchwise, or are you going the more traditional route with one freelance designer?
Five: Have FUN! A new logo is something to get excited about! It’s all about change, and change is a good thing. Have fun, enjoy the process, and don’t forget that this is all about you, and what you are looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to read! If you have any ideas or questions on the subject, we would be more then happy to hear about them in the comments below.